BEMIS is the umbrella body representing the ethnic minority voluntary sector throughout Scotland.
Hours (per week)
Out of hours may be required and this will be reimbursed through our toil policy
Salary (£/hr) :
£8.45 per hour
No of References:
Time of Attendance:
10am - 3:30pm
With support from the Community Development Officer the GCG Facilitator will workin the team to assist training and workshop activities that engage communities, meeting learning objectives and contributes to the teams overall targets. Additionally, the GCG Facilitator will regularly review their workshop practice to maximise member groups participation, satisfaction and success.
* Work with lead Officer to ensure clear objectives for all workshops, activities and projects and communicate objectives to participants.
*With support from lead Officer establish and enforce a classroom code of conduct to maintain positive learning environment throughout workshop activities.
*With support utilise training materials and rooms for activities,.
*Facilitate workshops with support of team officer.
* Review success following each workshop and highlight areas of success/challenges to lead Officer.
*Maintain efficient record-keeping.
* Provide positive environment in which participants are encouraged to actively engage within the learning process
* Must be responsive to the hopes, needs and aspirations of vulnerable communities,
*Excellent Administration Skills
* Very good communicaiton skills and ability to work effectively with broader teams and experience of building and sustaining positive relationships.
* Excellent organisational skills
*Knowledge of IT suites including Word, excel, powerpoint
*Ability to seek support when needed
* Flexible and adaptable with the abilit to work occasional eventings and weekend days/evenings.
This post will benefit from full facilitation training within each subject matter prior to delivery within communities.
All Facilitators will have ongoing support and supervision to build knowlede and confidence across subject matters disseminated.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership
How To Apply:
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form