Utheo seeks "to bring together the people of Orbiston in a bid to help combat the injustice of poverty, isolation and intolerance, irrespective of age, ability, race, religious persuasion or none. Our ethos has a spiritual core and our desire is to ease the burden of many and enrich their lives. " Activities are providing a range of facilities for the people of Orbiston in a bid to help combat the injustices of poverty, isolation and intolerance, in particular managing Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre, a multi-purpose resource in the Bellshill area.
Hours (per week)
Salary (£/hr) :
£5.60 - £7.50 per hour
No of References:
Time of Attendance:
Monday - Friday
9.30 - 3.00
1. Assist in organising the centre’s programme of leisure activities based at the centre and in local community.
2. Telephone, administration and reception duties including the use of basic computer packages.
3. Assist in setting up rooms for meetings and activities.
4. Assist in carrying out research for new project developments.
5. Assist the Management staff with marketing and promotion of new activities.
6. Ensure that work is carried out with due regard for the health and safety and equal opportunities policy, including maintenance and a clean and tidy environment.
7. This role will involve you working with people who have additional support needs.
8. To undertake other duties in relation to organisational development as may be deemed necessary by the Board of Directors and/or the Operations Manager.
Good telephone manner and excellent communication skills
• IT skills – Word, Excel etc
• Good organisational skills with ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads
• Positive, adaptable and flexible approach
• A commitment to equal opportunities in principle and in practice
• An understanding of the spiritual needs of individuals and communities
• A commitment to personal development and undertaking of relevant training
Any offer of employment is subject to:
• Satisfactory references and interview.
How To Apply:
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form