To provide a temporary home for lost and unwanted cats and dogs. To try to reunite any animals with their humans, and failing that find new suitable homes for them.
The organisation relies on donations, and have recently opened a new charity shop in Portobello.
Hours (per week)
Salary (£/hr) :
£5.90 - £7.83 depending on age
No of References:
Time of Attendance:
Monday to Friday, occasional evenings and weekends
● Using the eTapestry database, provide administrative support to the fundraising team including updating and maintaining supporter records and sending thank you letters to donors ensuring accuracy at all times.
● Answer the fundraising office telephone in a polite and professional manner, directing calls to the relevant team member in a quick and efficient manner.
● Look after the fundraising department’s email inbox, directing enquiries to the relevant team member in a timely manner.
● Assist with the organisation, running and administration of the Home’s fundraising events.
● Assist the Fundraisers with the coordination of stalls, bag-packs and bucket shakes as well as ensuring appropriate volunteer cover.
● Look after the Home’s collection can programme researching and approaching new venues for collection cans and managing the uplift and replacement of existing collection cans out in the community, liaising with our Van Driver and van volunteers as necessary.
● Look after the Home’s stock of fundraising materials, completing stock takes as instructed, keeping accurate records and ensuring the fundraising office, cupboards and store room are kept neat, tidy and in order.
● Assist the fundraising team with the distribution of flyers, posters and door drops in the local community to promote fundraising campaigns and events.
● Assist the Membership and Campaigns Fundraiser with the administration of the Home’s Companion, Sponsorship and Memory Tree schemes.
● Assist the Community and Events Fundraiser with the fulfilment of sponsor packs for supporters undertaking challenge events.
● Assist with the sourcing of venues, catering and set up for team meetings and training days.
● Assist the Finance Officer with the counting and banking of cash donations and cash from events and collection cans.
● Any other tasks which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of this post.
● Good level of basic education
● Basic numeracy skills
● Experience of providing administrative support to a busy team.
● Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
● Strong organisational skills able to prioritise, analyse and make clear judgements
● Good IT skills and comfortable with Outlook and Microsoft Office.
● Positive professional attitude
● Trustworthy, honest and reliable
● Enthusiastic, polite and approachable
● Self-starter, able to use own initiative
● Willing to learn new skills and take on constructive criticism.
● Appreciation for animal welfare and comfortable around office dogs.
● Presentable and professional appearance
● Experience of working in a charity office.
● Experience of working with volunteers
● Cash handling and banking experience
● Experience of using a CRM database
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership
How To Apply:
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form